As you might recall way back in january Jon @JonSpencerReviews created an amazing project called Jon’s Creator Showcase. It was a project that had almost died down, but I refused to let that happen and reached out, together with Jon, to revive it. And it payed off. The response was overwhelming and I am so incredibly happy to see Jon’s project has been embraced by so many amazing people. Now, if you have not yet encountered Jon (seriously where have you been), be sure to check out his blog by pressing on the link above. You will not regret it I guarantee you that! I was supposed to be the host of this event in april of this year, but due to my hiatus I could not do it and Mel was kind enough to take over the hosting duty for that month. Seriously, I have said this already many times, but again thank you so much for that. It’s certainly something I will not forget. This month though, I will be your host, so let’s get started!
How it works:
- I’m accepting submissions via Twitter from now until the 25th of August. Be sure to use the hashtag
#jonscreatorshowcase I can not stress how important using that # is, because else your submission might easily be missed, which would be a real shame.
- Submissions should be your best/favourite post from July.
- It does not matter what your post is about as long as it is not offensive and can be read by everybody.
- Give exposure to both the host & creators who submit content to the showcase.
- Highlight a wide variety of content including written word, art, video, audio, etc…(each post will be categorized/sorted)
- Allow for all creators, regardless of skill or current recognition, to participate and share their creations.
- Encourage involvement from creators across all platforms.
- Offer a fun and interactive way for people to discover new and interesting creations.
- Inspire growth and exploration for both the host and creators.
Well…that about wraps it up. I am going to be looking forward to seeing your submissions for this one (and of course reading them all which will be even more fun). I know you are all amazingly talented people, so it will probably be very hard to make choices, but I guess I am up to the challenge. (At least I hope I am, absolutely no pressure whatsoever). Depending on how things are going to go, you might see a little bit less activity from me on my own blog, as I really do take this seriously and want to be able to really give this one my all.
Before I forget credit goes out to The Moyatorium for hosting last month’s event. Thank you so much! Last month has a lot of very cool submissions so let’s see if we can make this month even better! For now, everybody have fun and see you around!