To be nominated for an award is just very humbling. It always really puts a smile on my face every single time. As much as I appreciate them, I honestly have to admit that I don’t always have the time to answer all of them. I am trying to at least play a bit of catch up, and am planning to write a few long over due posts for these later this year. But today I just had to go and thank a blogger who I not only think is very special, but nominated me not once but twice in a row for two awards. I’m talking about the wonderful Anjali. Maybe you have already encountered her blog, but if you haven’t, I urge you very kindly to check it out. She writes amazingly diverse reviews that cover a wide range of topics, but also has other posts that really inspire people. But let me not forget to mention how incredibly kind Anjali is. She is a very gentle soul that always gives amazing comments, and has truly made me blush a couple of times with the support she has shown for me and my blog. So really, thank you Anjali for all your kindness and these awards. This post is for you!
The Versatile Blogger Award
- Display award
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers of your choice
Seven things about myself
Now, more than a year ago, about two months after I started my blog I also got nominated for this award. But seeing as that was such a long time ago, and I have gained a lot of new followers since that time most of you probably won’t know about the 7 things that I am going to be sharing here about myself. But just in case you were here since the beginning, and might find a few of these things sound familiar, my apologies for that. So….here we go:
- Wasps. I have an irritional fear of wasps. Even though I have never been stung by one of those dispacable creatures (and I really plan on keeping it that way), I am terrified by them. When one comes near me, I overturn tables, and turn into a complete nutcase in trying to get away from it.
- Impulse buyer. I am really not a very good friend to my wallet. When I am at a con, or in one of my favorite stores, I usually buy way too much stuff. And at times it’s stuff that I really don’t need, but just because it looks cool I buy it anyway. It also pretty much explains why I have way too many hobbies.
- Titanic. I absolutely loved the movie Titanic. It’s still my number one movie to date. So much so in fact that I have seen it nine times in the theatres back in the day. And guess what? The ship still sank every time at the end of the movie.
- Shy. Even though you might not notice it when I am writing to you on this blog, or even when you would meet me in real life, but I am a really shy guy. Over the years I have managed to mask it well. But it’s something that I still struggle with.
- Insecure. Another thing that you might not notice is that I often lack self confidence and can be very insecure. Just like my shyness I manage to hide it well. But there are times when I severely doubt myself, or at times even get worried I might have said something wrong, when I usually already know that isn’t the case. It can be quite annoying let me assure you of that.
- Flying. I am afraid of flying. I have never entered, nor do I ever plan on entering a plane. I know everybody keeps telling me it’s the safest way to travel. You have more risk getting into a car. Blah, blah, blah….you are still not getting me into that plane.
- Home. I don’t go out much. I am much happier staying at home and enjoying my many hobbies than going outside doing stuff. A nice quiet relaxing day reading a book or watching a movie/anime/tv show, is just me having a good time.
Just as always, in no way are you obligated to do a post for this. I just wanted to nominate you for having a cool blog and being awesome.
The Sunshine Blogger Award
As part of this award, I am supposed to:
- Thank the person who nominated me for this.
- Answer the questions that has been mentioned in the post
- Post my set of questions for my nominees to answer
- Nominate users for ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award
Now this is the question that I got asked by Anjali:
“We all dream of what we want to do. What we want to be. There are some crazy dreams (like meeting up with aliens or saving the world like Superman) which we know will never happen but still dream about a lot. Then there are those realistic dreams, like being a writer or a doctor or anything which is “sensible”. I want to know what your “crazy” dream and your “sensible ” dreams are.”
Crazy dream: Well, a few you already know that I can be a little bit crazy at times (no I am not going to be mentioning names here, you already know who you are), so a crazy dream should be easy to come up with right? Erm…..🙄 I guess the craziest dream I can come up with is me being able to build a giant transformable robot with alien technology, that I could pilot like in the anime series Macross that I love so very much. It would be awesome to just show up at work in a thing like that and put it in a parking space (of course crushing a couple of cars along the way).
Sensible dream: Well, my sensible dream is certainly less exciting. It might even sound a little cheesy to some of you, but nonetheless I will share it anyway. My sensible dream is to one day hopefully find a soulmate. Having been alone for most of my life, is quite frankly beginning to get annoying. Sure, I can handle being alone quite good, especially considering the many hobbies that I have. But, I would not mind having someone around to share those hobbies with. So yes, sorry it wasn’t anything more exciting like maybe bring about worldpeace, but I guess I am a hopeless romantic at heart. Wow, putting myself on the spot here now…suddenly that insecurity is beginning to surface again…moving on I guess 🙈🙈
Just like the award above no one has to feel obligated to do this post. But I nominated you because I think you definitely bring some sunshine to me every day. As for my question, I quite liked the question that was asked by Anjali, so I will ask it too: What is your crazy dream, and what is your sensible dream?
Now for a change I decided not to nominate Shokamoka , because really, he has to get a break somewhere along the road right? Doesn’t mean I don’t think he deserves this award though 😊